Cognassist is looking for a Legal Counsel
Cognassist is the UK’s leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK’s best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it’s a scary statistic. Whilst we’ve made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we’re still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they’re universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
- Accessing funding to provide that support
That’s why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We’re on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art neuroscience training for learning providers. This year alone we’ve assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award.
100% remote working, fully flexible hours (Full & part time applications welcome)
As a key member of our operations team, you will review, interpret and translate legal requirements and effectively communicating these to the business and external stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain exceptional experience in a varied and fast-paced environment.
- Provide legal support and advice to the executive team on relevant legal issues
- Ensure compliance with the internal controls, statutory regulations and other formalities
- Calculate and handle risks in business process and decision making
- Draft legal documents such as contracts, statements, agreements etc.
- Execute procedures for protecting patents, trademarks, and industrial designs
- Handle litigation
- Keeping up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company’s legal function
- Draft, negotiate and manage day-to-day commercial agreements;
- Full support on company secretarial matters;
- Review marketing materials to ensure that the business is in compliance with legal requirements;
- Reviewing and drafting policies and position papers in connection with regulatory proposals and industry initiatives;
- Supporting on IP matters, data protection matters and procurement matters;
- Providing advice on compliance issues on an ad-hoc basis;
- Commercial contracts;
- Corporate and regulatory/compliance experience would be an advantage;
- Providing accurate and timely advice on matters of regulation and policy to colleagues.
- MA in Law or similar relevant field
- Qualified Solicitor or barrister with 2-5 years post qualification experience.
- 5 years post qualified experience
- 2 years’ experience working as Legal Counsel
- Experience working for high growth Tech/SaaS organisations
- In-depth knowledge of administrative law and procedures
- Good organisational, prioritisation and time-management skills
- Arbitration and mediation skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with commercial contracts as well as competition law;
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills;
- Commercially astute, highly organised and self-motivated;
At Cognassist we’re passionate about diversity and inclusion and are committed to improving opportunities for all underrepresented groups in the UK. We particularly encourage applications from ethnic minority, disabled, LGB, trans and non-binary candidates.
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Development Scheme
- Dental and Optical Cash Back
- Health and Well Being Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Apply for this role