LAST UPDATED OCTOBER 2023
Commitment to Accessibility
Providing an accessible product for our users is a primary goal for Cognassist and improvements in this area feature strongly in our roadmap. We aim to be compliant to WCAG 2.1 at AA level and have created internal guidelines to ensure this happens. As we iterate towards this goal, we are introducing an inclusive design process which aims to cover accessibility, usability and inclusion for all. As part of this process, we have recently made updates to the core user interface to increase legibility and cross device compatibility and will continue to improve with each incremental update.
Using our product
We want as many people as possible to be able to use our service.
This means that:
- You can zoom in up to 300% without text spilling off the screen
- The text will reflow in a single column when you change the size of your browser window
- The typeface we have chosen was designed for readability
- You can navigate the service using just a keyboard
- You can listen to the content using a screen reader
- We’ve also made the content text as simple as possible to understand
Whilst we try to maintain a high standard of accessibility on our website, there are some known limitations. These are documented below.
- We do not provide audio descriptions for videos
- We do not currently provide alternative stylesheets for high contrast
- The Cognassist assessment falls outside the scope of accessibility requirements
Reporting Accessibility Problems with this Website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of our service. If you encounter content that you cannot access, then please contact us on the details below and we will provide you with an accessible alternative.
If you are not happy with how to respond to issues you have raised with us about the accessibility of our service, then contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS). The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for ensuring websites meet accessibility standards.
Third-party content and functionality
We may make use of third-party resources that embed content in our website. Wherever possible we will ensure these are conformant.
Technical Information About this Website’s Accessibility
Cognassist is committed to making its services accessible, in line with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
We aim for conformance with the WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1) at level AA.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
What We are Doing to Improve Accessibility
We regularly review the application to verify fixes of known issues and schedule the fixing of any new issues.