Business Development Manager
Cognassist is looking for a Business Development Manager
Cognassist is the UK’s leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK’s best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it’s a scary statistic. Whilst we’ve made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we’re still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they’re universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
- Accessing funding to provide that support
That’s why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We’re on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art neuroscience training for learning providers. This year alone we’ve assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award.
We are building a team of accomplished and experienced commercial professionals who have high standards of performance, want to succeed and to be part of a rapidly growing business. We’re looking for someone keen to take their next step in their commercial career, and to help build a world-class business development & customer success team in the UK and globally, delivering a solution that really makes a difference to people’s lives.
The challenge for Sales at Cognassist is to manage and close inbound leads whilst working on outbound activity to thereby to deliver growth to meet ever increasing targets. Rapid growth is exciting but a lot of work. As we break into new sectors, the role may vary and expand but it will always require fantastic communication skills, quick thinking and empathy. We are not a Boiler Room, we are the UKs leading education start up working in the Tech4Good space – it’s a unique sell.
Cognassist is looking for an individual to be a key part of the sales process, potentially owning a critical segment of the market, targeting segments of prospects, helping prospects navigate towards a close through prospecting, bespoke marketing efforts, relationship building, partner development, face to face meetings, demos and support.
The role is home based but with access to our London office (a hub for the Commercial Team and a ‘hybrid’ way of working) and will also support the Head of Sales, Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Executive Officer as part of their progression to be a Senior BDM themselves.
- Own, develop and maximise sales opportunities from inbound leads in your target market segments;
- Build your own outbound operation working with Marketing, Partnerships, the SDRs and the Team to supplement your inbound leads and drive market penetration in difficult to reach sub sectors.
- Carry out virtual and face to face discovery calls, meetings and demonstrations for your market segment.
- Work with SDR team to manage inbound enquiries;
- Be set sales targets for inbound and outbound sales;
- Take a key role in helping to manage an effective CRM system, providing feedback to on MQLs, SAL’s and SQL’s.
- Network at industry events in order to generate in contacts.
The skill set
- Highly motivated, high energy and achievement-orientated;
- 2+ years as and SDR, role in sales or sales support, preferably in one or more of the Education sector, Saas or Tech platform;
- Excellent business and sales acumen;
- Able to demonstrate a track record of success;
- A sales ‘hunter’ at heart, able to open up new opportunities and close deals that are both self-generated and lead nurtured;
- A team worker, able to work with others in the team as well as other teams, especially Marketing, delivering strategies and campaigns to open up opportunities with the providers in your sector;
- A can-do and agile attitude necessary to thrive in a start-up environment;
- Empathetic and genuinely excited to learn about our customers and how they support their learners with a passion for ed tech, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives;
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns;
- Hungry to make Cognassist the global category leader of neurodiversity and cognition;
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Development Scheme
- Dental and Optical Cash Back
- Health and Well Being Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A genuinely great team of people
- Ongoing learning and development
- Home based working with flexible London office space
Apply for this role
Business Development Manager