Chief Operating Officer
Cognassist is looking for a Chief Operating Officer
Cognassist is the UK’s leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK’s best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it’s a scary statistic. Whilst we’ve made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we’re still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they’re universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
- Accessing funding to provide that support
That’s why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We’re on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art neuroscience training for learning providers. This year alone we’ve assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award. We are seeking a disciplined COO to support our CEO in managing and delivering on this growth.
We are building a team of accomplished and experienced people who have high standards of performance, are self-starters who want to succeed and to be part of a rapidly growing business. We have an EMI Options program available to each member of our team to drive alignment and the ultimate success of our business.
Cognassist is looking for a proven and experienced SaaS COO to join our growing team.
The role will involve working closely with the CEO, CFO, and CRO as well as department heads and our Board. You will have ownership over the day to day activities of the company which will include managing the Engineering, Product, Data, Learning Design and IT functions.
What you’ll do
The business doubled headcount last year to 35 people and will double again in 2021 to over 70 and then to over 150 in 2022. You will have ownership of all the challenges associated with building and maintaining an IT and IS estate that can support this team and this level of growth.
Your role will include:
- Responsible for helping to define and then translate the strategic and financial vision into operating models, cadences, processes and reporting requirements whilst ensuring that the team is able to understand, execute and thrive within their environment
- Managing formal commercial requirements such as risk registers, DR processes, GDPR compliance, accreditations and regulatory demands, and taking actions where necessary
- Understanding both financial and non-financial information and using it to implement continuous operational advantage whilst maintaining alignment to strategy
- Responsibility for system and data security across the business and our application, ensuring compliance to GDPR and PECR, establishing best in class adherence and development of appropriate accreditations, as well as addressing Security Self-Assessment Questionnaires within our customer acquisition pipeline
- Responsible for overseeing, developing and implementing a best in class Information Security Framework, ensuring regular risk assessment and remedial actions, effective procurement processes and asset management, overseeing 3rd party Vendor Management and network security.
- Leadership and management through to successful delivery of project plans to effectively deliver on business objectives, including the motivation and optimal performance of our people
- Prioritising demands across the business to determine and then project manage the order of work projects across our data, engineering and product teams; including continuous improvements to roadmap delivery and reporting of , internal data and systems infrastructure and operational improvements
- Maintaining and building trusted relationships with key customers, partners and stakeholders
The skill set
We’re looking for people who have:
- Minimum of 5yr COO experience leading a digital product business that has undergone rapid growth or change
- Someone who is naturally very detail, data and process-driven and can evidence decision making through data
- Has executive experience reporting into a VC/ PE backed board
- Ideally has been part of a top team, or one step removed, when scaling internationally
- Confident at working in an environment of pressure and ongoing change
- Understands the mechanisms, requirements and principles of building and operating a business and has the ability to design and integrate these into the organisation and its people
- EMI options at 20% of your salary establishing you as a financial stakeholder in our commercial success
- A genuinely great team of people
- Ongoing learning and development
- Home based working
- Bike to work scheme, great pension, even better options package and other benefits programs
Apply for this role
Chief Operating Officer