VP of Finance
Cognassist is looking for a VP of Finance
Cognassist is the UK’s leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK’s best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it’s a scary statistic. Whilst we’ve made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we’re still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they’re universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
- Accessing funding to provide that support
That’s why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We’re on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art neuroscience training for learning providers. This year alone we’ve assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award.
We are building a team of accomplished and experienced Scientists who have high standards and want to succeed whilst being part of a rapidly growing business. We’re looking for someone keen to take their next step in their career, and to help build a world-class scientific team delivering a solution that really makes a difference to people’s lives.
With ambitious goals for the group, we are looking for driven Finance Director to oversee and contribute to our aggressive growth plans. Working closely with our CEO, CFO and board, the Finance Director will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
The role will be responsible for leading a team through difficult periods including month end, year end and annual budgeting as well as through periods of sustained corporate activity and growth. You will require excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, and an ability to work with various departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets.
With periods of rapid growth and change this role will be critical to the Group’s success; supporting corporate activity, overseeing integration of targets, driving finance automation, owning and controlling forecast and budgets.
This role would suit a FC at the top of their game looking to progress into their first FD role or an established FD who is prepared to be very hands on.
- Form a close working relationship with the Senior Executives and Non-Executives.
- Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function
- Contribute to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop finance teams.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present to investors and the board each month.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Take responsibility for and oversee the development of Corporate Governance.
- Assist in future funding rounds alongside other members of the executive team.
- Development of the company’s financial system
Essential skills and experience
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Worked in a high growth SaaS environment and can demonstrate sound understanding of a SaaS P&L
- Experience of building teams and systems
- Finance automation
- VC/Private Equity
Desirable skills and experience
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Development Scheme
- Dental and Optical Cash Back
- Health and Well Being Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Apply for this role