Power BI Engineer
Cognassist is looking for a talented Power Bi Engineer
Cognassist is the UK’s leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK’s best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it’s a scary statistic. Whilst we’ve made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we’re still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they’re universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
- Accessing funding to provide that support
That’s why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We’re on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art neuroscience training for learning providers. This year alone we’ve assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award.
We are currently looking for an experienced BI Analyst with skills in developing Dashboards, KPI Reports and Operational Management Information reports.
Ideally we are looking for someone with extensive experience of Business Intelligence (BI) designing and building compelling data visualisations/ dashboards using Power BI.
This will including supporting our clients and internal stakeholders reporting requirements, working closely with the Principal Data Engineer and MI Specialist.
Your role will include
- Contribute to maintenance and support activity
- Contribute to managing against SLAs
- Support technical delivery to time, scope, and quality
- Ensure no negative business impact from BI releases
- Ensure all BI solutions meet agreed Service Level Agreements
- Provide technical training and advice to other team members and the wider business
- Support the capture of business and information requirements as part of BI development process.
- Analyse and interpret data for MI and reporting purposes
- Support the evaluation, selection and implementation of BI
The skill set
We’re looking for experienced developers to join the team to help us develop our platform. Ideally, you’d have some of the following.
We’re looking for people who have:
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 3 plus years experience in a similar role
- Power BI and Development in DAX and POWER QUERY must have
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- EMI options establishing you as a financial stakeholder in our commercial success
- A genuinely great team of people
- Ongoing learning and development
- Home based working
- Great pension, even better options package and other benefits programs
Apply for this role
Power BI Engineer