Lead UX/UI Designer
Cognassist is looking for a Lead UX/UI Designer
Cognassist is the UK’s leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK’s best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it’s a scary statistic. Whilst we’ve made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we’re still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they’re universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
- Accessing funding to provide that support
That’s why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We’re on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art neuroscience training for learning providers. This year alone we’ve assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award.
Cognassist are looking for a talented Lead UI/UX Designer to join our growing team of product, engineering and marketing experts. The role will be fundamental in setting the vision and overall experience of our solution to deliver delight to our users.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished visual designer with experience in usability and inclusive design techniques. Experience of the start-up and SaaS ecosystem a huge advantage. She / he will work closely with our Product team and have responsibility across the entire visual identity of our business incorporating learning design, sales and marketing materials.
- Work with product and engineering to deliver high-quality design solutions and improve our user experience
- Develop our visual identity and refine our guidelines and design principles
- Mentor internal design teams to align across all deliverables
- Ensure each user flow is optimised and free from friction
- Develop wireframes and prototypes of appropriate fidelity to test new features and convey requirements for implementation
- Ensure our users are delighted
- Work with Sales and Marketing to ensure materials are visually on point and up to date with product releases
The skill set
- 5+ years experience with an exceptional portfolio of beautiful and usable user interface design
- Highly knowledgeable in modern UI design workflows comprising of design system governance, modular component production and prototyping
- Skilled in supporting modern collaborative tools such as Figma, Framer and Invision
- Solid experience across various digital platforms and their respective guidelines including web, iOS and Android
- Experience in illustration, iconography, colour theory and accessibility
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements aimed at increasing efficiency and user satisfaction
- Strong communication skills and able to articulate thought process towards meeting user needs
- Experience of working within a fast paced agile environment
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Development Scheme
- Dental and Optical Cash Back
- Health and Well Being Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Apply for this role
Lead UX/UI Designer