Head of Science
Cognassist is looking for a Head of Science
Cognassist is the UK’s leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK’s best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it’s a scary statistic. Whilst we’ve made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we’re still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they’re universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
- Accessing funding to provide that support
That’s why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We’re on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art neuroscience training for learning providers. This year alone we’ve assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award.
We are building a team of accomplished and experienced Scientists who have high standards and want to succeed whilst being part of a rapidly growing business. We’re looking for someone keen to take their next step in their career, and to help build a world-class scientific team delivering a solution that really makes a difference to people’s lives.
Cognassist is looking for a Head of Science to manage a team of 12. With a key focus on our cognitive assessment platform, we require someone with at least 5 years commercial experience and delivery of Psychology based products into services or businesses.
The role is home based but with access to our London office (a hub for a ‘hybrid’ way of working).
- Has led a team of people – this role has 12 reports in this role)
- Have worked in commercial environments for 5yr+
- A degree associated with psychology
- Understand and be able to work with data – ideally to the level of a Psychometrician
- Experience delivering Psychology based products or services into businesses
- Management and leadership of a team of 12 direct reports.
- Work with the Science Team to develop our Cognitive Assessment Solutions.
- Content team including the design and delivery of e-learning, webinar and accredited programs for web-based delivery
- Strategic and efficient utilisation of the Independent Scientific Advisory Board (ISAB) consisting of global leaders in cognition research
- Work our our R+D programs to determine real-world application of cognitive information in business and educational environments
- Content design is key. We require the ability to translate customer needs and assessment outcomes into actionable content build programs with learning outcomes
- Must be a strong leader who is able to represent the company at client premises and engage with client employees at a high level to deliver on R&D programs
- Able to listen, learn and ask pertinent questions to dig deep into understand client needs.
- Our Head of Science will be working with Product Managers to turn lessons into real product applications.
- The ability to fine tune your understanding in the R phase is critical
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Development Scheme
- Dental and Optical Cash Back
- Health and Well Being Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Apply for this role
Head of Science