Head of Marketing
Cognassist is looking for a Head of Marketing
Cognassist is the UK’s leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK’s best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it’s a scary statistic. Whilst we’ve made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we’re still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they’re universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
- Accessing funding to provide that support
That’s why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We’re on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art neuroscience training for learning providers. This year alone we’ve assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award.
We are building a team of accomplished and experienced commercial professionals who have high standards of performance, who truly want to succeed and to be part of a rapidly growing business. We’re looking for someone keen to take the next step in their commercial career, and to help build a world-class marketing and business development team in the UK and globally, delivering a solution that really makes a difference to people’s lives.
This organisation is looking for an ambitious and talented Head of Marketing, or exceptional Senior Marketing Manager ready to step up into a Head of position, who is looking to take their next career step to develop and deliver the this organisation’s Marketing Strategy. This individual will report into the Leadership Team and be responsible for developing an exciting and innovative Sales and Marketing Strategy.
Cognassist is experiencing rapid growth and wants to scale into new sectors and markets over the next 2 years. Marketing will be in the forefront of that drive, creating and executing on a range of strategies for different markets. The successful candidate will need to prove that they can formulate and execute a variety of marketing and lead generation strategies, moulding the existing team and ambitious recruiting plan to ensure successful execution. They will need to focus on team development at the same time as delivering high quality marketing programmes, collating and reporting information, and ensure that the organisation’s value proposition is understood and appreciated throughout the industry as well as beyond.
Additional skills include the ability to develop compelling science-based content, demonstrable experience of demand generation strategies and a track record of success. This individual will have the ability to influence the organisation to prioritize and resource strategic opportunities. This position is critical in achieving the business’s strategic goals and delivering our business development targets. This role will be home-based with access to our London office.
What you’ll do
- Lead the critical marketing elements of a fast paced and high growth tech business, working with the Sales, CS team, Partnership and Leadership Teams.
- Focus on Lead Gen strategies to drive growth through new business.
- Analyse the buyer journey in different markets and formulate independent sector strategies to attract high volumes of opportunities into the top of the pipeline.
- Develop and execute innovative and ground-breaking SaaS marketing strategies.
- Create and execute plans to launch into new market sectors and geographies.
- Develop content-led marketing campaigns and ABM strategies to engage ICP target organisations.
- Develop thought leadership strategies, brand awareness and PR campaign to raise the subject of Cognition to new audiences and reach wider audiences.
- Be comfortable owning the pipeline through to deal stage and being responsible for developing a truly aligned Sales and Marketing Strategy.
- Develop in-depth marketing automation and demand generation programmes.
- Build market leading social marketing strategies.
- Be SEO expert and able to develop strategies to ‘own’ the target market in Search and PPC.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee the achievement of marketing objectives within designated budgets.
- Collaborate with sales and customer success leadership to ensure a fully aligned, customer centric process.
- Build brand awareness through tools such as Community, PR and free to access content.
- Manage, measure, and optimize all aspects of the lead pipeline to ensure accurate and timely delivery of high-quality leads to a multi-tiered sales and channel organization.
- Working with the Partnerships Team, manage external agencies and associations to maximise investment and support the development of the Partnership Programme.
- Focus on product and customer communication strategies to engage Learners and Clients as advocates of the application and benefits of Cognition.
- Analyse campaign performance and make recommendations for optimisation and future enhancements.
The skill set
- Must have a data focus, got to love driving and owning the pipeline with CRLs and SQLs!
- Understanding the requirements of a B2B SaaS software company as well as Platform based SaaS GTM (Go-to-Market) strategies.
- Scale up experience.
- An ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a motivated self-starter prepared to execute as well as devise strategy.
- Ambitious and degree educated, able to thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing environment.
- Must be naturally organised, analytical and focussed on making decisions built on data.
- Able to react to market developments and opportunities in a positive, timely and constructive manner.
- A strong understanding of, and ability to demonstrate success in, demand generation and revenue attribution and able to build automated programmes to support the buyer journey from the ground up.
- Must have 5+ years of hands-on experience as a senior-level marketing professional or equivalent, with ownership of budgets, targets and management of direct reports. Must be able to demonstrate achievement against targets.
- Ability to work collaboratively with remote teams as well as independently to see initiatives through to completion.
- Must be a team leader, able to get the maximum out of reports and motivate experienced individuals.
- Extremely detail-oriented and is able to clearly and concisely manage expectations.
- Strong ability to influence at all levels, internally and externally.
- Experience with Salesforce and Hubspot a distinct benefit.
- Preference to working in an Agile Marketing environment.
The mind set
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Development Scheme
- Dental and Optical Cash Back
- Health and Well Being Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Apply for this role
Head of Marketing