Head of IT & Systems
Cognassist is looking for a Head of IT & Systems
Cognassist is the UK’s leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK’s best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it’s a scary statistic. Whilst we’ve made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we’re still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they’re universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
- Accessing funding to provide that support
That’s why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We’re on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art neuroscience training for learning providers. This year alone we’ve assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award.
We are building a team of accomplished and experienced people who have high standards of performance, are self-starters who want to succeed and to be part of a rapidly growing business.
We’re looking for someone to lead our IT division as part of the business leadership team. You’ll work closely with the C-suite to ensure the business has the technical capabilities needed to reach success and drive growth.
What you’ll do
The business doubled headcount last year to 35 people and will double again in 2021 to over 70 and then to over 150 in 2022. You will have ownership of all the challenges associated with building and maintaining an IT and IS estate that can support this team and this level of growth.
The role will include leadership and management of all IT, IS services and infrastructure, overseeing the department and building the IT team as we scale. You will routinely carry out GAP analysis on the business’ IT tech and team to ensure that there is adequate capability to reach future business goals.
Our IT estate is Microsoft, (Office 365, Azure, Dynamics), Salesforce and other 3rd party cloud-based providers.
Your role will include
- Creation of an IT strategy to support the business throughout its growth, including the strategy justification, board approval and successful tactical roll-out and ongoing operation, reporting and improvement programs.
- Management of all IT and IS technology, remote access (we are presently a fully remote team), telephony and video conferencing/meeting systems.
- Employee life-cycle IT engagement from onboarding, training and support, through to off-boarding, ensuring excellent service provision and asset management throughout.
- Management of GDPR, Data Protection, ISO Accreditation, Cyber Security and governance and reporting, we take PII very seriously and need to know you do too.
- Building your team and the interactions they have with stakeholders across the business and with external third party vendors.
- Continuously assessing, monitoring and upgrading business IT systems and IT processes through our journey, including all aspects of change management.
The skill set
We’re looking for people who have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an IT leadership role, preferably within a high growth technology driven environment.
- A proven track record of building and scaling an IT function and people.
- An ability to understand IT & systems in a wider commercial context.
- Exceptional project, change management and time management skills.
- Strong understanding of ITIL.
- A strong communicator at all levels including board.
- A clear awareness and understanding of the tech stack that might be required to meet our long-term growth aspirations.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- A strong grasp of data security with experience of being a DPO preferred.
- Good technical knowledge in IT management, infrastructure and applications, data warehousing, architecture and networking and cloud platforms, particularly Azure.
- Multi-year experience building/configuring and scaling Office 365/Azure AD and all related technology such as AV/Security etc.
- Track record achieving/maintaining ISO27001 certification and other relevant certifications.
- Appropriate qualifications to evidence suitability for the role.
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Development Scheme
- Dental and Optical Cash Back
- Health and Well Being Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Apply for this role
Head of IT