Cognassist is looking for an agile delivery manager
Cognassist is the UK’s leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK’s best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it’s a scary statistic. Whilst we’ve made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we’re still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they’re universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
- Accessing funding to provide that support
That’s why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We’re on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art neuroscience training for learning providers. This year alone we’ve assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award.
Cognassist is looking for a Delivery Manager to join our growing team of product and engineering experts. The role will cover the day to day management of a busy engineering function at a key time of growth. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and solution-oriented team builder with a fanatical attention to detail and a proactive, “get things done” attitude.
Experience of the start-up / scale-up and SaaS ecosystem a huge advantage. The successful candidate will take ownership of the delivery function of a company that is rapidly scaling to meet customer demand and sales growth, and as such should be prepared to be very hands on.
- Mentor and coach engineering team performance to ensure delivery objectives are met
- Define metrics to enable teams to track progress, goals and areas for improvement
- Ensure end products are of the highest quality, fully tested and deployed on time
- Improve collaboration and motivation through effective process implementation and successful conflict resolution
- Identify and remove obstacles to delivery, manage risk and dependencies for complex initiatives
- Champion and implemen the most appropriate agile processes and ceremonies to ensure focus
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the delivery team
- Support the product management and engineering function in realising the roadmap and backlog prioritisation
The skill set
- Advanced knowledge and 5+ years’ experience working with Agile and Lean methodology and the ability to define, coach and embed the best approach
- Agile certification to a high level (CSM, CSP, CTC, PSM or equivalent)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of successful SaaS delivery throughout the full product life cycle
- 3-5 years previous team leadership and scaling experience in a matrix or multi-disciplinary structure
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Analytically driven to ensure continuous improvement and clear progress towards KPIs
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Development Scheme
- Dental and Optical Cash Back
- Health and Well Being Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Apply for this role