Customer Success Manager
Cognassist is looking for a customer success manager
Cognassist is the UK’s leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK’s best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it’s a scary statistic. Whilst we’ve made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we’re still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they’re universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
- Accessing funding to provide that support
That’s why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We’re on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art neuroscience training for learning providers. This year alone we’ve assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award.
We are building a team of accomplished and experienced commercial professionals who have high standards of performance, want to succeed and to be part of a rapidly growing business. We’re looking for someone keen to take their next step in their commercial career, and to help build a world-class business development & customer success team in the UK and globally, delivering a solution that really makes a difference to people’s lives.
Cognassist is looking for a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to join our team. This is a remote role to support clients in the Midlands and the North, where client travel will be required. Reporting to a Senior CSM, this individual will work with smaller providers in the Apprenticeship and Further Education sectors, delivering superb service and growing revenue; delivering on the dual goal of improving learner outcomes and growing Cognassist’s business.
The successful candidate will work to ensure that client needs are understood and satisfied. They will collate and report information, ensure company offerings meet the individual needs of clients, and build and manage client relationships across our small provider base.
Additional skills include the ability to develop a compelling business case to create upsell and cross sell opportunities, to influence the organization to prioritize and resource strategic opportunities and the ability to negotiate renewals with the support of the Senior CSM.
- Build solid and profitable relationships with your clients and their employees through world-class customer service, relationship building, client entertainment and networking;
- Deliver our objective of 96% client retention as well as customer referrals for new business;
- Travel regularly to meet clients face to face in the post-Covid world, when it arrives;
- Project manage the onboarding of new clients;
- Use a range of data reporting tools to analyse performance and spot trends, risks and opportunities;
- Negotiate contracts with the support of the Senior CSM and close agreements in a timely and profitable manner;
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and senior management teams;
- Champion the benefits of cognitive profiling and learning support strategies throughout the client business and senior management teams;
- Generate interest from clients for incremental sales from existing and other company products and services;
- Produce winning proposals and presentations;
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders;
- Support on the acquisition of case-studies and testimonial feedback including video media/filming, surveys and face to face interviews;
- Support the training team by delivering client specific training sessions online and in person;
- Forecast and track account metrics with a high degree of accuracy and deliver revenue targets each quarter;
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to identify and grow opportunities within territory;
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed;
- Work closely with the software development team to scope priorities based on client demand; and
- Act as the eyes and ears of the business spotting risks and opportunities through probing conversations.
The skill set
- Experience of the Education and EdTech sector preferable but not mandatory, with passion about the education industry and the role of cognition in deliver learner achievement;
- Demonstrable communication and relationship development skills via video and teleconference or face to face and the ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization;
- Organised, hardworking and willing to build your career through success with clients;
- A quick learner and the ability to work and think clearly when under pressure;
- Proven work experience as a Customer Success Manager, Account Manager, Implementation Consultant or relevant role within SaaS and/or education/training sector experience;
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce or HubSpot) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel);
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs and challenging customers where necessary;
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail;
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The mind set
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Development Scheme
- Dental and Optical Cash Back
- Health and Well Being Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Apply for this role
Customer Success Manager