Community Marketing Manager
Cognassist is looking for a passionate Community Marketing Manager
Cognassist is the UK’s leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK’s best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it’s a scary statistic. Whilst we’ve made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we’re still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they’re universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
That’s why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We’re on a mission to make sure no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art cognitive science training for learning providers. This year alone we’ve assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award.
Cognassist is looking for a talented community marketing manager to join our growing team of marketing experts. Our new community is going to be our vehicle for raising awareness of Neurodiversity and adding value in a way that no-one else can: through cognitive and educational insights that drive real change for our clients.
We want to create a base of raving fans, dedicated to supporting learners across the UK. We want to educate, challenge and inspire our clients with LMS style learning certifications, discussion boards and a range of exclusive content, all free inside the community.
This role has the potential to make a significant impact on the lives and success of tens and maybe hundreds of thousands of learners across the UK and deliver on our mission of making sure no learner is left behind.
The community marketing manager will work to ensure that community engagement is high and that we serve our users delightful experiences through best in class content. They will manage community content development, moderation, certifications and the ongoing growth of the community.
Additional skills include the ability to engage users across complex subject matters, adding real value to our users through differentiated and unique learning experiences and the ability to work in an agile, high performance marketing team.
Facilitate and moderate conversation: seed and facilitate conversations and discussion boards within the community. Working closely with our science, sector specialists and product department to answer key queries and drive engagement.
Uncover and action genuine insights: identifying user needs by deeply understanding customers and their learners. Understanding how the community works and take action to alleviate pain points.
Create future strategy: We need to create a best-in-class community which considers the complex intersection between sector, science, product and of course our users and learners. Our strategy needs to add continuous value built on the principle of radical generosity and a value led strategy.
Collaborate with genuine experts: You’ll be responsible for advocating the community within the business, measuring progress, and communicating success. Building strong relationships across the business will be essential and will help shape an approach that is in line with strategic company objectives.
Inspire: We’re passionate about authentic uptake and engagement – we don’t want to impact metrics just for the sake of it. We care about driving behaviours which ultimately help users understand how they can improve the lives on their learners. We must build relationships with users, encourage them to engage with the community and share their experience and feedback.
Deliver real impact: Ultimately, the success of community will be measured by membership volume, engagement, and retention. The tactics we deploy, will help to educate and engage users on the power of understanding cognition can have on their learners. This role will be at the forefront of helping us achieve our mission of leaving no learner left behind.
The skill set
- 3/4+ years experience in a B2B2C or B2C technology/digital business, with a demonstrable track record of leading on community.
- Direct experience of customer/community marketing and working with the wider marketing team to inform and influence decision-making which positively impacts the community users.
- First-hand experience of delivering a diverse range of marketing tactics, and a strong understanding of how different marketing disciplines can come together to reach a desired outcome.
- Are empathetic and genuinely excited to learn about our customers and community users and how they support their learners
- A succinct and engaging writer, able to translate customer insights into easy-to-understand language.
- Previous experience of collaborating within a diverse business and putting in place the frameworks to support the growth and development of team members.
- Comfortable with qualitative (user surveys & user research) and quantitative data analysis.
- An awareness and understanding of what tech stack might be required to meet our long-term growth aspirations for the community.
- Passion for EdTech, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Cognassist the global category leader of neurodiversity and cognition.
- Determined to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Development Scheme
- Dental and Optical Cash Back
- Health and Well Being Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Apply for this role
Community Marketing Manager